Gerhard D. Heiter Endowed Scholarship
To assist students in obtaining a degree in Art, Foreign Languages and Literatures, Music and Theatre Arts at Southern Oregon University.
- Recipient must have graduated from an accredited high school during the academic year preceding their enrollment at SOU and be in continuous attendance since.
- The recipient must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at SOU and remain so during the period the scholarship is in effect.
- The primary selection criterion will be merit. The recipient must have a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or greater; or, if an incoming freshman, a cumulative high school GPA of 3.2 or greater.
- Financial need as demonstrated by the FAFSA will be considered.
- Scholarship is open to students in Art, Foreign Languages and Literatures, Music and Theatre Arts departments.
- It is the donor’s intent that each year the funds be equally distributed for awards to each area of study listed above.
- The recipient(s) are to be reminded of the spirit in which these scholarships were made possible and are asked to donate in the future to assist other students in obtaining an education.