Don't Know Much About Geography Scholarship
Purpose of Fund: To support SOU students interested in pursuing careers in which geography is a major component, thereby ensuring that the dissemination of geographic knowledge persists
Donor: Michael E. Jones
A. Scholarship and Selection Criteria
· The scholarship is open to all majors and will be awarded to those students who are interested in pursuing geography-related coursework.
· Recipient must have demonstrated proficiency in at least two geography-related courses and achieved a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above in these courses. These courses must have been taken at an accredited institution.
· The recipient must take at least two geography related classes during the period of the award.
· The scholarship is open to full-time and part-time students.
- Recipient must have demonstrated proficiency in at least two geography-related courses and acheived a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or above in these courses. These courses must have been taken at an accredited institution.
- Students must submit an essay describing the importance of geography in today’s society.
Terms of Assistance
· The number of recipients and the amount of the scholarship awards will be dependent upon funds available.
· The scholarship will be credited to the recipient’s student account in three equal payments at the beginning of fall, winter, and spring terms.
· Students will apply through the Southern On-line Scholarship Application (SOSA).
· Students must submit an essay describing the importance of geography in today’s society.
· Selection will be made by a scholarship selection committee composed of faculty members in the academic disciplines closely related to geography (i.e. Environmental Studies)
· Southern Oregon University is a welcoming community committed to inclusive excellence and the celebration of diversity. The SOU Foundation does not discriminate against anyone on the basis of attributes protected by state or federal law.