Betty L. Kester Endowed Scholarship for Women in Art
To further the education of female art students who are attending Southern Oregon University.
- Must be a female art student.
- Must have two years of college or equivalent art education (this may include sculpture, drawing, design, ceramics, etc. and the study of aesthetics).
- Must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.
- Financial need is a consideration, but will not restrict the selection of the applicant.
- Recipient must be a full-time student at Southern Oregon University and remain so during the period covered by the scholarship.
*Applicant will submit the following: A portfolio of work (slides, photos, or drawing; A personal statement about the work; and two letters of recommendation from instructors and/or professionals in the field.
- Applicant must submit an unofficial transcript of recent academic work.
- Department of Art & Art History
- Supplemental Questions
- Please submit a portfolio of your work and a statement regarding your choice to major in Art or Art History.
- 6-10 jpeg images of artwork completed in the past two years, saved as a PowerPoint (Studio Art) OR A two-page (double-spaced) example of expository writing on a topic of your choice (Art History)
- A one-page (maximum length, double spaced) statement about your decision to major in art or art history, with a personal reflection about the work submitted or the importance of art in contemporary society.