Helen M. Johnson and Arthur B. Johnson Memorial Scholarship
To encourage students of Jackson County, Oregon to attend Southern Oregon University, and to aid and assist them financially in obtaining a bachelor’s degree at that institution.
- Must be a graduate of a Jackson County, Oregon High School.
- Freshman must submit a recommendation letter from their high school principal.
- Scholarship open to all grade levels
- Recipient must be a resident of Jackson County, Oregon.
- Recipient must attend SOU the fall after selection.
- The recipient must be a full-time student in good academic standing at SOU and remain so during the period covered by the scholarship.
- Academic achievement will be the primary selection criterion.
- Previous recipients may reapply and will be given preference as long as they remain in good academic standing.
- Financial need as documented by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will be the secondary consideration.
- Supplemental Questions
- Freshmen must provide a letter of recommendation from their high school principal.
- Request a letter of recommendation from your high school principal (Freshmen only).