Coyner Bayley Graf Endowed Scholarship
To serve as a memorial to Coyner Bayley Graf, 2006 B.S. in ACS Biochemistry from SOU, by providing scholarship support to one or more selected students to continue their studies as chemistry or biochemistry majors at SOU.
- The successful applicant must be an ACS Chemistry or ACS Biochemistry major at SOU and either be completing or have already completed the Organic Chemistry sequence at SOU.
- The recipient must be a full-time undergraduate student at Southern Oregon University majoring in ACS Chemistry or ACS Biochemistry and remain so during the period the scholarship is in effect.
- The primary selection criteria will be the recipient’s performance in the Organic Chemistry sequence at SOU and his or her passion for chemistry as indicated by interest in research activities and faculty recommendations.
- Financial need as demonstrated by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid may be considered.
- There will be no discrimination in determining the recipient.
- Applicants must write a statement outlining their reasons for studying chemistry or biochemistry, research interests and career goals.
- In addition to the essay, the committee will consider overall performance in chemistry courses and supporting courses at SOU, performance in Organic Chemistry, and faculty recommendations from at least three chemistry faculty members.
- Department of Chemistry
- Supplemental Questions
- Additional Essay (up to 750 words): Write a statement outlining your reasons for studying chemistry or biochemistry, research interests and career goals.