James and Betty Akerill Memorial Scholarship
The purpose of the James & Betty Akerill Memorial Scholarship is to provide financial assistance to Southern Oregon University students who demonstrate financial need.
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student at Southern Oregon University.
- Preference is given for non-traditional students with a minimum age of 25.
- This is a need based scholarship. Financial need is given primary consideration, with preference given to those who are not eligible for Federal Grant Aid.
- The scholarship is renewable subject to maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Supplemental Questions
- Additional Essay (up to 250 words): Why are you qualified for this scholarship and what are your future plans utilizing your education at SOU?
- Provide one letter of recommendation from a professor or teacher, which address qualification for the scholarship.