Karen Gernant Endowed World History Scholarship
To help Southern Oregon University history students fulfill their educational goals.
- Must be a history major at SOU with coursework in Asian or Latin American History.
- Scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- Recipient must have and maintain a minimum 3.3 GPA.
- Applicants must have completed 12 lower division history credits, and four credits in Asian or Latin American History. At the time of application, the student may be enrolled in the last four of the aforementioned credits.
- Supplemental Questions
- Additional Essay (up to 750 words): Why are you interested in Asian, African or Latin American Studies and how do you plan to use this knowledge in your future career?
- Provide two letters of recommendation from instructors in your major field.
- Request a letter of recommendation from an instructor in your major field.
- Request a second letter of recommendation from an instructor in your major field.